To book tickets to the Mariinsky theatre you can follow the LINK.
A diverse cultural program will be organized for conference participants, including
a visit to Catherine Palace in the town of Pushkin,
tour to Pavlovsk,
bus tour to Saint Petersburg
Included in the registration fee
Tsarskoe Selo (Royal Village), located 25 km south of St. Petersburg, first appeared in the 18C as the summer residence of the Russian tsars. In 1918 the town was renamed into Detskoe Selo (Children’s Village). In 1937 the name was changed into Pushkin, to commemorate the centenary of the great Russian poet’s tragic death.
Created for two centuries by many prominent architects, the unique architectural ensemble of Pushkin is world famed for its elegant palaces and pavilions, landscape parks and ponds, 18-century marble statues and historic obelisks.
This "town of Muses" inspired many celebrated Russian poets, painters and musicians to create their renowned masterpieces in music and art.
In 1752 - 1756 a remarkable Bolshoy Catherine Palace - the striking example of baroque architecture - was built by architect Rastrelli, and numerous entertainment pavilions were erected in the park, including «Hall on the Island», Sliding Hill, Hermitage and Grotto.
The splendour of new architectural ensemble immediately caused everybody’s admiration and delight. Tsarskoe Selo became the place for official receptions of Russian nobility and representatives of foreign states, who were visiting Russia with diplomatic missions.
During the reign of Catherine the Great further significant alterations were made to the palace and park. The Catherine Park was extended with the layout of the garden landscaped in the English style. In the palace itself part of baroque interiors with abundance of gilded moldings and sculptures were completely altered by the Scottish architect Charles Cameron in the spirit of increasingly fashionable Classical style.
A series of monuments glorifying Russian triumphal victories in the Russo-Turkish and other wars were put up in the newly designed part of the park. Among them are Columns of Chesma and Morea, Kagul Obelisk, all designed by architect Rinaldi, and monumental Tower Ruin designed by architect Velten.
Price will be announced later
This is the superb palace-and-park ensemble of the late 18 – early 19 centuries which was used as a summer residence of the Russian emperor Paul I and his family. The landscape park, one of the largest in Europe, covers the area of 600 ha. The works on the palace-and-park ensemble lasted for 50 years. Ch. Cameron, V. Brenna, G. Guarenghi, A. Voronikhin, C. Rossi and other great architects worked there.
The main collections of the Pavlovsky Palace were formed due to the trip of its owners over Europe in 1781 - 1782. They visited workshops of well-known artists, ordering and purchasing paintings, furniture, bronze articles, silk fabrics, china sets, antique sculptures from Italy, etc. They also brought to Russia gifts from European royal courts.
The museum displays excellent portraits by Russian artists and a number of landscape paintings and drawings on Pavlovsk. Private rooms of Empress Maria Fedorovna, decorated in the beginning of the 19 century, are opened to the public.
Bus city tour with a visit to Peter and Paul Fortress and banquet
Included in the registration fee, price of the banquet will be announced later
There is no other way to get an impression about the City of St. Petersburg than to take a short ride on a bus with an expert guide. The tour includes picturesque sightseeing peculiarities that are most favored by tourists from all over the world.
You'll invariably see and admire the Palace Square, make a stop by the beautifully decorated Church of Resurrection (known also as Saviour-on the Blood Church), Saint Isaac’s Cathedral and Peter and Paul fortress with Cathedral where all Russian emperors were buried. You will also be able to pass by the Hermitage, the Admiralty and the Bronze Horseman.
You will learn a lot about the history and modern life of the city. The tour is quite cognitive and very spectacular.
Saint Peter and Paul Fortress was founded on 27 May 1703 to defend St. Petersburg against enemy raids. From the middle of the 18th century it contained Russian political prison. In addition to viewing the ancient fortifications on the grounds of the fortress, one can visit Peter and Paul cathedral, designed by D.Trezzini, which is the city’s tallest building (the height of the spire is 121.8 meter), the house of the "grandfather of the Russian navy", where exact copy of Peter the I little boat is kept, and the Mint.
Located within Saint Peter and Paul Cathedral is the burial vault of Peter the Great and other Russian tsars.
The museum in Trubetskoy Bastion Prison holds expositions of "The History of St.Petersburg", "The History of the Imperial Mint", and "Pechatnya" (Printing Workshop). The fortress also includes The Museum on Cosmonautics and Missilery, and the excursion route entitled "Panorama of the Neva" - over the roofs of the fortress’ bastions.